Gimara • Events & news
Work | Public Engagement | About | Studio diary/RSS
Selected past and future engagements
Gimara Duncan-Rice's art engagements are divided into four catergories:
- Art book club
- Art writing & storytelling
- Demonstrations & workshops
Art book club
Gimara founded and runs an online art book club: https://m.facebook.com/groups/ArtBookClub/
Art writing & storytelling
- Autumn Residency 2022, In a Sculpture Gallery, London, UK:
- 5-9 September 2022 - A self-led drawing residency... more to come
- Summer Residency 2022, In a Cast Gallery, Cambridge, UK:
- 2-5 Aug 2022 - A self-led sketching residency surrounded by ancient gods, heroes, rulers & philosophers
Demonstrations and workshops
Gimara designed and led 'drawing and painting' workshop programmes for:
- North Hertfordshire College, Hitchin Campus, Hertfordshire, UK:
- Lowewood Museum, Broxbourne, UK,
- Derbyshire County Council, Adult Community Education (ACE) (6 weeks)
Additionally, Gimara teaches painting and drawing techniques in Hertfordshire through Koala Courses.
Group Exhibition - Digswell Arts, Print Studios, The Forge, Hertfordshire, UK
Solo Exhibition - Spotlight Gallery, Hertfordshire, UK
Group Exhibition - The Elephant in the Room at the Point, South Yorkshire, UK
Solo Exhibition - Herts Visual Art Open Studio, UK
Commissions, artist's interventions, residencies and community projects etc.
Gimara undertakes comissions, art interventions, residencies and community projects. Just send an email to, firstname.lastname@example.org, and let her know:
- What look are you trying to achieve?
- What medium is right for you?
- What budget do you have in mind?
- Where is the artwork going to hang/reside?
- How much space do you have?
Whether developing paintings, drawings, sculptures, workshops or illustrations, Gimara is interested in building creative collaborations. For more information email, email@example.com.